Fun Facts, Tidbits, and FAQs
**Best ways to enjoy me. Two simple steps:
- Massage me: knead & squeeze me before opening.
- For the perfect cup, swirl my creamers into 6oz of coffee, tea, or even add me to your smoothie or morning shake! If you're enjoying one of my instant beverages, just add me to hot water and stir me up buttercup!
How does Know Brainer improve your workout? The medium chain triglycerides found in organic grassfed ghee and MCT oil aid in weight loss and mental clarity. MCTs do not go through the lymphatic system, they are transported directly to the liver creating a multitude of ketones for fuel. My portable sachets are a convenient solution to the butter coffee mess and a perfect gym bag accessory. But fear not, we are coming out with a 16oz pourable multi-serve
Can you put my creamers in tea? Yes, yes, yes! My founder, Shari, enjoys a cup of Know Brainer green tea every morning! I go well in all types of tea. Give it a try and let me know what you think (if you like it, share the love on Instagram!).
What kind of coffee do my creamers go best with? All kinds. While I’m partial to organic fair-trade coffee, you can stir me in to any type of joe and enjoy all my health benefits!
What do I taste like? A dream! My creamers and instant beverages come in multiple yummy flavors. My full dairy-friendly flavors are Original, French Vanilla, Mocha, Chai, Matcha and Hot Chocolate. My casein and lactose-free flavors are Mocha and Chai.
Worried about lactose intolerance? Here’s my solution. Try my casein and lactose-free creamers and instant Mocha Coffee and Chai Tea. With a possible teeny tiny trace amount of casein between 0 and .0011 grams, and between 0 and .0125 grams of lactose, I taste delicious, offer a wide range of health benefits, and agree with your gut! My founder Shari can't have casein or lactose and feels great dirnking these products.
Why is only half of me FODMAP Approved? Split Peronality! Casein and Lactose free flavors fit the FODMAP bill. FODMAP is a diet focused on suporting a healthy gastrointestinal tract by targeting those food molecules that are poorly absorbed by some people who suffer from IBS, Ulcerative Colitis, etc. FODMAP is an acronym for these complex molecules. Know Brainer provides products that are easily absorbable by every body.
What are my ingredients?
- Full Dairy Original: NON GMO MCT OIL (FROM COCONUT), ORGANIC NON FAT MILK POWDER (PASTURE RAISED), ORGANIC CLARIFIED BUTTER (PASTURE RAISED), ORGANIC SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, NON GMO TOCOPHEROLS (VITAMIN E).
- Full Dairy French Vanilla: NON GMO MCT OIL (FROM COCONUT), ORGANIC NON FAT MILK POWDER (PASTURE RAISED), ORGANIC CLARIFIED BUTTER (PASTURE RAISED), NATURAL VANILLA FLAVOR, ORGANIC SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, NON GMO TOCOPHEROLS (VITAMIN E).
- Casein & Lactose Free Mocha: NON GMO MCT OIL (FROM COCONUT), ORGANIC CLARIFIED BUTTER (PASTURE RAISED), ORGANIC COCONUT MILK POWDER, ORGANIC CHOCOLATE FLAVOR, ORGANIC ALMONDS, ORGANIC SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, ORGANIC CASHEWS, BUFFERING BLEND (POTASSIUM CITRATE, SODIUM BICARBONATE), NON GMO TOCOPHEROLS (VITAMIN E).
- Full Dairy Friendly Original Coffee: NON GMO MCT OIL (FROM COCONUT), ORGANIC NON FAT MILK POWDER (PASTURE RAISED), ORGANIC CLARIFIED BUTTER (PASTURE RAISED), 100% ARABICA INSTANT COFFEE, ORGANIC SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, ORGANIC CULTURED BUTTERMILK (GRASSFED PASTURE RAISED),POTASSIUM CITRATE, SODIUM BICARBONATE, NON GMO TOCOPHEROLS (VITAMIN E).
- Casein & Lactose Free Chai Tea: NON GMO MCT OIL (FROM COCONUT), ORGANIC CLARIFIED BUTTER (PASTURE RAISED), ORGANIC COCONUT MILK POWDER, ERYTHRITOL AND MONK FRUIT BLEND, ORGANIC BLACK TEA POWDER, SPICES, ORGANIC SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, POTASSIUM CITRATE, SODIUM BICARBONATE, NON GMO TOCOPHEROLS (VITAMIN E), ORGANIC ASHWAGANDHA, ORGANIC TURMERIC.
- Full Dairy Friendly Matcha Tea: NON GMO MCT OIL (FROM COCONUT), ORGANIC NON FAT MILK POWDER (PASTURE RAISED), ORGANIC CLARIFIED BUTTER (PASTURE RAISED), MATCHA TEA, ORGANIC SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, ERYTHRITOL AND MONK FRUIT BLEND, ORGANIC CULTURED BUTTERMILK POWDER (GRASSFED PASTURE RAISED), POTASSIUM CITRATE, SODIUM BICARBONATE, NON GMO TOCOPHEROLS (VITAMIN E), ORGANIC CINNAMON.
- Full Dairy Friendly Hot Chocolate: NON GMO MCT OIL (FROM COCONUT), ORGANIC NON FAT MILK POWDER (PASTURE RAISED), ORGANIC COCOA POWDER (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), ORGANIC CLARIFIED BUTTER (PASTURE RAISED), NATURAL CHOCOLATE FLAVOR, ERYTHRITOL AND MONK FRUIT BLEND, ORGANIC SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, ERYTHRITOL AND MONK FRUIT BLEND, ORGANIC CULTURED BUTTERMILK POWDER (GRASSFED PASTURE RAISED), POTASSIUM CITRATE, SODIUM BICARBONATE, NON GMO TOCOPHEROLS (VITAMIN E), ORGANIC TURMERIC, ORGANIC CINNAMON.
How is MCT oil different from coconut oil? MCTs (medium-chain triglycerides) are digested by the body and converted into fuel much more easily than the long-chain triglycerides found in most foods. Coconut oil can be a source of MCTs but MCT oil is 10x more potent and has a higher concentration of C8s (caprylic acid) and C10s (capric acid).
We use 100% MCT from coconut oil: 60% caprylic acid/40% capric acid.
Why is butter from grass-fed cows different from “regular” butter? When cows eat grass, they’re healthier. Which means they produce nutritious milk (that’s later made into butter) with more vitamins and minerals. Grain-fed cows produce harmful saturated fat that’s depleted of its vitamins and minerals. Here are some interesting facts:
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), a fatty acid found in dairy, has been proven to aid in weight loss and promote heart health. Even though CLA is found naturally in dairy, not all dairy is equal! Dairy from grass-fed cows contains five times more CLA than dairy from grain-fed cows.
- Butter from grass-fed cows has higher amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids, offering a perfect balance of Omega-3 fatty acids and Omega-6 fatty acids.
- Grass-fed cows produce dairy that’s higher in Vitamins D, A, E, and K2—important nutrients that provide a host of health benefits:
- Vitamin D regulates calcium absorption, maintains healthy bones and teeth, and protect against cancer and MS.
- Vitamin A supports a healthy immune system.
- Vitamin E is often used to promote the health of the heart, brain and nervous system, and respiratory system. It’s also used for breast health, to protect against cancer, and boost energy.
- Vitamin K2 is rumored to help those with osteoporosis and bone loss.**
Why am I high in saturated fat? Not all saturated fats are bad! I contain a perfectly-portioned amount of good saturated fats—yes, that’s a thing! Get this:
- First things first: my saturated fats come from two good places: butter from grass-fed cows and coconut oil.
- Grass-fed cows produce special saturated fats that increase HDL (good cholesterol). They also have the ability to change LDL (bad cholesterol) from small and dense (which is bad) to large LDL (not bad). Cool, eh?
- Coconut oil has been shown to actually reduce LDL (bad cholesterol) and increase HDL (good cholesterol).
Are you worried about my calorie count? Don’t be! I’m perfectly portioned so that you get the right amount of the right nutrients. Not all calories are created equal. In fact, my calories provide you with sublime health benefits and great taste, whereas another creamer with a lower calorie count could have harmful effects on your body. Who wants that?
My higher fat count creates a higher calorie count, but those fats aid in weight loss and promote a healthy body. If you’re closely watching your calorie intake, you can replace your breakfast or snack with me and you’ll still feel G-O-O-D good. Learn more here.
While my calories are good calories, it’s still possible to have too much of a good thing. Feel free to drink me throughout the day, but exercise portion control just like you would with a handful of nuts.
Watching your cholesterol? Worried about heart health? Let me tell you all about me + your heart (hint: it’s love).I’ve got some pretty special skills I’d like to show off. You should pay attention, because it’s truly to your benefit!
- More energy: When you drink Know Brainer, you’ll likely experience an increase in energy. More energy —> higher endurance —> better exercise —> better heart. How ‘bout that?
- Butyrate: I get this short-chain fatty acid from clarified butter. Butyrate is known to lower cholesterol—meaning improved cardiovascular health!
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA): This stuff is proven to aid in weight loss. Healthier weight = a healthier heart.
- Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) know what they’re doing: They can improve your cholesterol and promote fat loss. Good cholesterol and lower body fat are associated with lower risk of heart disease.
Yes, I’m a good alternative for all of you who skip breakfast. Stir me in and drink me up. Whether you put me in coffee or tea, I make a good meal replacement. I provide you with enough energy and metabolism boosting ingredients to kickstart your day! If you choose to drink me for breakfast, I recommend enjoying a serving of your favorite protein on the side for added energy. My founder Shari loves pairing her Know Brainer butter tea with a handful of raw almonds.
How did I come to be? My founder Shari dreamed me up as an alternative to traditional creamers after she was diagnosed with MS. For her, ingredients like heavy whipping cream are simply a no-go, as are foods that are high in sugar. But the ingredients that give me my super powers are a-ok, and Shari is sure you'll love me, whether you need to cut down on sugars for health reasons, or just want all my brain-boosting and metabolic goodness to kickstart your day.